Utility Abort To log Routine Description

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Tej
Participant

Utility Abort To log Routine Description

Post by Tej »

Hi all,
can any one help in this routines, which generates an error when i tries to run the job sequence level
jobname..JobControl (fatal error from UtilityAbortToLog): USER INFO: Issue in Teradata Load. Please refer log for details JOB=> jobname STAGE=> JobControl LINK=> -8

This is the routines which generates the log

$include DSINCLUDE JOBCONTROL.H

Equate RoutineName To "UtilityAbortToLog"

Deffun DSRMessage(A1, A2, A3) Calling "*DataStage*DSR_MESSAGE"

InputMsg = Arg1

If Isnull(InputMsg) Then
InputMsg = " "
End
Message = DSRMessage("DSTAGE_TRX_E_0017", "USER INFO: %1 JOB=> %2 STAGE=> %3 LINK=> %4", InputMsg:@FM:DSJobName:@FM:DSStageName:@FM:DSLinkName)
Call DSLogFatal(Message, RoutineName)
Ans = 1

pls.. help
I need some descrption in the routine

Thank You,
In ADVANCE
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

USER_INFO is the text that you supply as the routine argument. JOB, STAGE and LINK are added by the code.

Source code for these SDK routines is supplied - you can inspect it in your Repository. The branch is sdk\Utility.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
samad40
Participant

Post by samad40 »

ray.wurlod wrote:USER_INFO is the text that you supply as the routine argument. JOB, STAGE and LINK are added by the code.

Source code for these SDK routines is supplied - you can inspect it in your Repository. T ...

Hi .. i am aslo facing the same error ... but u said that we need to inspect it in repositiory ..
can you be a bit clear ... on this
samad
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The source code for the routine is at " sdk\Utility" and can be examined in order to understand what it does.