ORA-03135 Oracle Connection Lost Error - OCI Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Gunanir
Participant

ORA-03135 Oracle Connection Lost Error - OCI Stage

Post by Gunanir »

Hi,

We are receiving the error "ORA-03135 Oracle Connection Lost" daily in our production environment. This happens in jobs that uses ORACLE OCI stage. The connection loss occurs when there is a INSERT sql sent from OCI stage.

Datastage has been installed in Windows server and an Oracle client is also installed in the same server. I tried to set the parameter SQLNET.EXPIRE_TIME =1 in SQLNET.ORA file on the Windows server but we are getting the same error again.

When checked with our oracle server, it does not use SQLNET.ORA file. Do we have any options in the datastage server to avoid the connection loss?

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks in Advance,
Guna
vivekgadwal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: ORA-03135 Oracle Connection Lost Error - OCI Stage

Post by vivekgadwal »

Gunanir wrote:Hi,

We are receiving the error "ORA-03135 Oracle Connection Lost" daily in our production environment. This happens in jobs that uses ORACLE OCI stage. The connection loss occurs when there is a INSERT sql sent from OCI stage.

Datastage has been installed in Windows server and an Oracle client is also installed in the same server. I tried to set the parameter SQLNET.EXPIRE_TIME =1 in SQLNET.ORA file on the Windows server but we are getting the same error again.

When checked with our oracle server, it does not use SQLNET.ORA file. Do we have any options in the datastage server to avoid the connection loss?

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks in Advance,
Guna
Hello,

Please check the following link:

http://www.dba-oracle.com/concepts/aler ... ofiles.htm
Vivek Gadwal

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted