how to load seq file from xml file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bachi
Participant

how to load seq file from xml file

Post by bachi »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a xml file that needs to be loaded into a seq file for further transformations. I'm unable to get any output from the XML Input stage.

My first stage is a sequential file stage where I have specified a column name "Input" as LongVarChar. This is followed by a XML Input stage and a target Sequential file.

In the input tab of the XML Input stage, I choose the following-
XML source column = "Input"
Column content = XML document

In the output tab of XML Input stage, I choose one o/p column as a repetition element.

I also gave a reject link to the XML Input stage. When I run this job, no rows are loaded into the target sequential file and many rows are rejected. When I try to view the data in the reject file, it shows the following error -
XML input document parsing failed. XML input document parsing failed. Reason: Xalan fatal error (publicId: , systemId: , line: 1, column: 6): There are more end tags than start tags

Please help.
throbinson
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by throbinson »

Start simple. Start with an XML file you know is well-formed XML. That is, can a representative XML file be parsed by a tool other than DataStage. For example can the XML file be opened, in Internet Explorer?

Your specfic error sounds like you either have more than one root element or the XML file is NOT well-formed. On the surface, this doesn't sound like a Datastage problem.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

We have two posts on the same topic. We really should stick to one or the other.

viewtopic.php?t=122147
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers