Project Migration

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pradkumar
Charter Member
Charter Member

Project Migration

Post by pradkumar »

Hi,

We have datastage version 7.5.1 on HP Unix box. And we are planning to install IBM Information server 8.0.1 ( got licence for only websphere datastage) on AIX box. Client wants to migrate the project from 7.5.1 on HP unix box to version 8.0.1 on AIX machine. I have searched the forum with the key word "Migration" and found many answers which were helpful.

Things to do:

1)Export the whole project and import in version 8.0.1 on AIX box.

2)copy .odbc.ini ,uvodbc.config, uvodbc.config(under project) --- if i copy those odbc entries from 7.5.1 Hp unix version to 8.0.1 on AIX , the drivers might change rite?? will the old drivers work in connnecting the database from 8.0.1 on AIX or do i need to use the new drivers from version 8??

3) Copy the file locations and file structure , hashfiles -- Could any one give in detail?? need to copy all the files and folders from 7.5.1??

4) copy dsenv file--- need to change the dsenv file with respect to new installation of 8 (paths) rite?

what else i need to do ..

Thanks in Advance