Impact / Usage Analysis

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The Usage Analysis option is only as good as your developers are disciplined. Metadata must have been stored for all tables involved and that metadata used in the job so that the two have been associated in the repository.

Chuck Smith has a utility at his website to find information like you are requesting from an exported dsx.

http://www.anotheritco.com
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
santosh
Premium Member
Premium Member

metadata query

Post by santosh »

Thanks Chulett.

Is there anything available to search whole project at one go. I have been told that most of the filters are in DB2/UDB stage as a sql query as where clause. Is it possible to get this from a metadata query which will list all DB2/UDB stage queries with associated job names? if yes can you pass me the query?
regards,
Santosh
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'm sure some sort of query could be cobbled together for that but I don't have any such thing. Did you check Chuck's stuff? I use that to 'search whole project at one go'... as long as the project has been exported. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The SQL statements are link properties. Therefore a query against DS_JOBOBJECTS where OLETYPE is like '%Input' or '%Output' would do it. I'd have to research the field numbers where the SQL is stored. There are at least three.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.