Import error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

myukassign
Premium Member
Premium Member

Import error

Post by myukassign »

I am trying to import a dsx using the Datstage manager but while importing I am getting hte following error.

"File C:\Doc~\Loc!\Dek!\Job1.dsx can only be imported whn the client code page is 1250 - it is currently 1252."

Can any one tell me how to resolve the issue?

I am using Unix as the OS at both the end. The job is trying to import at the same version of DS wher it is developed.

I am also getting the following error.

"File C:\Doc~\Job1.dsx does not appear to be a valid datastge export file or is from an incompatable release.

A valid datstage file is expected to be in Windows format 1.e using CRLF line terminators"
Last edited by myukassign on Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Search for "Character Set" possibly in combination with "DSX". That will reveal to you how "to resolve the issue" and is what you should have done in the first place.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
myukassign
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by myukassign »

Hi ray, I gone through the post and I found, i should change the characterset in the code page of the dsx header.

Is that correct?
myukassign
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by myukassign »

Do you think I can suggest the following steps to solve the issue

Step 1: Export a simple job from your environment. Edit it notepad to check the "code page" using in your enviorment.

Step 2: Edit the dsx which is having problem to import and verify its code page is the same as above and if not, modify it and save.

STep 3: Import the modified dsx form the step 2

Please tell me is this the correct step.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

myukassign wrote:Hi ray, I gone through the post and I found, i should change the characterset in the code page of the dsx header.

Is that correct?
Yes
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.