Project/ Jobs replication

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gomez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Project/ Jobs replication

Post by gomez »

Hi:
We are setting up a Disaster Recovery(DR) environment for our Production DataStage server. I have installed WAS and DataStage on the server. The next step is to replicate Projects and jobs as in the Production environment. Is there any way to get them to the DR environment by way of file copy? If I copy the \IBM\InformationServer\Server\Projects will the code get copied over?
Also on an ongoing basis, we have to keep the two environments in sync. Can we watch for certain files/folders and replicate them when they change? Or should every change be applied manually on th DR environment as well?
Appreciate any suggestions on this
Thanks!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

File copy will get the objects across but is a Bad Idea. This is because, while the objects are present for the projects, the entries in system tables and so on that describe them will not and the projects will therefore be inaccessible.
Create the projects using administrator, and transfer using export/import.

I doubt that there is any convenient triggered replication available; you should ask IBM about this; they may have some tricks that they have not released to the general public.

A search, both here and on IBM Developer Works for "high availability DataStage" may yield more information.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.