Constraint issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

myukassign
Premium Member
Premium Member

Constraint issue

Post by myukassign »

I have an interesting issue which i am not able to find a solution. Any help will be greatly helpful to me.

In the transformer constraint, i want to add two condition to reject rows from a particular link.

Not( sfpri_Bunit.GROUP_CODE MATCHES "..") Or Not(Left(sfpri_Bunit.GROUP_CODE,2) MATCHES " ")

See this is the condition above. The ineresting part is if I give only one condition (either of the above) at a time, the rows are rejecting but when I give in the combined form above, no rows are rejecting. If it is an orconditon it should work nicly. Ideally two rows shold be rejected but not happening.

Can anyone through some light in fixign this issue?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Neither right operand of the MATCHES operator includes any wildcard characters. Are you interested in doing an "equals" comparison or a "contains" comparison? The equals comparison is straightforward - simply replace the MATCHES operators with "=" operators. The contains comparison requires you to extend your right-hand operands to include wildcard characters ("..." or "0X").
The other problem you have is that an expression of the form Not(X) Or Not(Y) is always true (provided that X and Y are different). You probably need an And operator here. Assuming that is the case, the following expression should get you close

Code: Select all

Not(sfpri_Bunit.GROUP_CODE MATCHES "0X'..'0X") And Not(Left(sfpri_Bunit.GROUP_CODE,2) MATCHES "0X' '0X") 
Last edited by ray.wurlod on Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
myukassign
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by myukassign »

Right on target!!

Thank you so much for the reply.....

it was a near logic problem, the minue i removed "OR" with "AND"

I got my buggy run right :)

Thanks I am closing this issue.