Problem running a job by scheduling

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

csri
Participant

Problem running a job by scheduling

Post by csri »

Hello, I am facing an error while running a job when scheduled from datastage director. Same job using same user runs fine when manually ran from designer or director. The user is part of admin group.

Job:
OraStage ----->Xmer----->STP Stage (calls Oracle stored procedure)

Error:
ds_loadlibrary: Win32 error in LoadLibrary of oraoci9.dll - The specified module could not be found.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
kwwilliams
Participant

Re: Problem running a job by scheduling

Post by kwwilliams »

Is the scheduled job being run with the same credentials as the person who manually runs the job? Just because the user is part of the admin group it does not mean that the permissions will be in place for that user.

For instance if a user is part of the admin group and part of another group that has been denied permissions to a folder, they will not be able to see a folder.
csri
Participant

Post by csri »

kwwilliams wrote:Is the scheduled job being run with the same credentials as the person who manually runs the job? Just because the user is part of the admin group it does not mean that the permissions will be in place for that user.

For instance if a user is part of the admin group and part of another group that has been denied permissions to a folder, they will not be able to see a folder.
As I said earlier, its the same user (app_admin) that is used to run the job manually and to schedule the job. I also tried another option by configuring the user in schedule tab of the project using the datastage admin. I got the same error message in all the cases.

Thanks.
csri
Participant

Post by csri »

csri wrote:Hello, I am facing an error while running a job when scheduled from datastage director. Same job using same user runs fine when manually ran from designer or director. The user is part of admin group.

Job:

Error:
ds_loadlibrary: Win32 error in LoadLibrary of oraoci9.dll - The specified module could not be found.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Did anyone come across this situation? Any input or help is appreciated?

Thanks
Mohammed Shakir
Participant

Post by Mohammed Shakir »

csri wrote:
csri wrote:Hello, I am facing an error while running a job when scheduled from datastage director. Same job using same user runs fine when manually ran from designer or director. The user is part of admin group.

Job:

Error:

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks
You can find scheduled tasks in C:\WINDOWS\Tasks folder (open thru explorer), then check the "Creator" of the task.

You can change the login user for the AT service Account Configuration by choosing the Advanced menu in the explorer.
csri
Participant

Post by csri »

Mohammed Shakir wrote:
csri wrote:

Job:

Error:

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks
You can find scheduled tasks in C:\WINDOWS\Tasks folder (open thru explorer), then check the "Creator" of the task.

You can change the login user for the AT service Account Configuration by choosing the Advanced menu in the explorer.
I still have this problem. Did anyone came across this situation. I will appreciate any help or pointers for this.

Thanks.
RodBarnes
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by RodBarnes »

I have received this error in the past in a related circumstance.

Since you wrote that the user is part of the admin group, then the permission issues that can lead to this error are eliminated.

Check that the folder containing your Oracle components is in your path; e.g., C:\Oracle\ora92\bin. All DS knows is that the DLL failed and not why -- which could be because it couldn't get to the Oracle components. If you change the path, you will need to reboot the server for DataStage to pick up the new settings. Alternately, you could just restart the DataStage Engine Resource Server -- but I've had occasions where this didn't seem to work.

Also, be aware that if you are not using an admin user, then the DataStage engine folder (e.g., C:\Ascential\DataStage\Engine) must have security settings which allow that user to acces its contents. The oraoci9.dll is found in the \bin folder below it.

Job:

Error:

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
csri
Participant

Post by csri »

Thanks for all your replies and help. After re-booting the server I am able to schedule jobs and run successfully. What I learnt is that after the DataStage and/or Oracle client software are installed server need to be restarted inorder for the environment variables have correct values.

Hope this helps.

Thanks again.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That's Windows, not DataStage or Oracle.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.