Urgent Help Needed

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Krishna Nair
Participant

Urgent Help Needed

Post by Krishna Nair »

All,

We are in dire straits as following files got accidentally removed from ETL server inside project directory eg $HOME/DataStage/MY_PROJ_DIR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
./DataStage
rm: ./DataStage is a directory
./DataStage/XXXXXXX/&COMO&
rm: ./DataStage/XXXXXXX/&COMO& is a directory
./DataStage/XXXXXXX/&COMO&/.Type1
./DataStage/XXXXXXX/&COMO&/.uvnlsmap
./DataStage/XXXXXXX/&COMO&/INSTALL
./DataStage/XXXXXXX/&COMO&/PROJECT.UPGRAD
rm: ./DataStage/XXXXXXX/&COMO&/PROJECT.UPGRAD is a directory
./DataStage/XXXXXXX/&COMO&/PROJECT.UPGRAD/E
./DataStage/XXXXXXX/&COMO&/SETUP.EXAMPLE1
rm: ./DataStage/XXXXXXX/&COMO&/SETUP.EXAMPLE1 is a directory
./DataStage/XXXXXXX/&COMO&/SETUP.EXAMPLE1/?
./DataStage/XXXXXXX/&HOLD&
rm: ./DataStage/XXXXXXX/&HOLD& is a directory
./DataStage/XXXXXXX/&HOLD&/.Type1
./DataStage/XXXXXXX/&HOLD&/.uvnlsmap

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

can any one please urgently let me know the impact of the deletion of these files? What i feel these files are temporary files created at run time.
I have a test environment similar to this env so does it help to restore these files from there? I'am thinking of restoring the Unix file system as a last option from last week's backup.

Please help SOS :(
Last edited by Krishna Nair on Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
DSRajesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DSRajesh »

Hi

If the Total Project directory got deleted as per the below statement ..You please contact datastage administrator and of course these files are important in the project directory if in production.

Regards,
RD
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Yikes. What is left in $DSHOME, anything? Regardless, those are far from 'temporary' files and you'll need to restore from your backup it seems.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Krishna Nair
Participant

Post by Krishna Nair »

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for the reply. The directory has not got deleted. The below files got removed from &COMO& and &HOLD& directories.

./DataStage/XXXXXXX/&COMO&/.Type1
./DataStage/XXXXXXX/&COMO&/.uvnlsmap
./DataStage/XXXXXXX/&COMO&/INSTALL
./DataStage/XXXXXXX/&COMO&/PROJECT.UPGRAD/E
./DataStage/XXXXXXX/&COMO&/SETUP.EXAMPLE1/?

./DataStage/XXXXXXX/&HOLD&/.Type1
./DataStage/XXXXXXX/&HOLD&/.uvnlsmap

When i looked into the other ETL environment(test) whose setup is exactly same ,the above files are present only for &COMO& directory and none for &HOLD&. Also when i looked into the contents .type1 is empty,.uvnlsmap contains value ISO8859-1+MARKS which seems to be NLS map settings and other 3 files seems to be log of DS installation and upgradation details.

Please advise as my only other option seems to be restoring the file system by contacting Unix admin
DSRajesh wrote:Hi

If the Total Project directory got deleted as per the below statement ..You please contact datastage administrator and of course these files are important in the project directory if in production.

Regards,
Last edited by Krishna Nair on Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Krishna Nair
Participant

Post by Krishna Nair »

Hi Chulett,

Please kindly advise in the light of the new details i have provided.

Only those files which i have mentioned has got deleted and is it ok if i restore the same from Test which is exactly having the same datastage version and DS jobs.
Thanks
KN
chulett wrote:Yikes. What is left in $DSHOME, anything? Regardless, those are far from 'temporary' files and you'll need to restore from your backup it seems. ...
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Don't know for sure, but you can certainly try bringing over those COMO and HOLD files from Test and see what happens. Can't make it any worse.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers