Timestamp value comparision in transformer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

prasad_chennai
Participant

Timestamp value comparision in transformer

Post by prasad_chennai »

Hi,

I have requirement like this

i need to make a look up between hashfile which has one of the output column as Timestamp(Column name Start_date) and A table which has one of the output column as Timestamp(Begin_date).This output is generated by User defined SQL. Iam using To_Date and To_Char functions to bring the date column in to Timestamp format.

i have converted Begin_date with to_date to format YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS. iam getting error as Timestamp conversion unsuccessfull

In the transformer i need to check for constraint Start_date > Begin_Date

Can somenody help me on this .

Please ask me if u need some more details on problem description

Thanks,
Prasad
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Are you certain that this is a Server job, as the subject line and forum indicate Server yet the functionality you have described doesn't exist in server jobs.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What functionality would that be, Arnd? It all sounds very "Server like" to me. So, Oracle apparently. And timestamps in that ISO format can be compared directly as strings.

Please post your complete & unedited 'timestamp conversion' error so we can get some idea of the where and the what.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I looked at the "to_date" and thought to myself that this cannot be server. I guess it isn't PX, either ;)
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Nope, it be Oracle. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers