Importing MS-ACCESS File

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pxraja
Participant

Importing MS-ACCESS File

Post by pxraja »

Hi All,

Would you please help me by telling how to import MS-ACCESS file into Datastage server 8.0.1?

Is there any stage available for the same.

thanks in advance
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The only way you will do this directly from UNIX is if you have a UNIX-based ODBC driver for MS Access. No such driver ships with DataStage, so it is up to you to find one.

An alternative is to dump your table(s) from Access into some kind of flat file format on Windows, FTP those files to UNIX, and process them there with Sequential File stage(s).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pxraja
Participant

Post by pxraja »

sorry for repeating again?

Can we use ODBC Stage for importing MS-ACCESS tables?
If so how to do it when my Datastage Server is installed on Sun Solaris?

thanks in advance
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

First you also need an ODBC driver for MS Access installed on your (UNIX) DataStage server machine. Do you have that?
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pxraja
Participant

Post by pxraja »

Yes, I have UNIX based ODBC driver for MS-ACCESS.
Can you please tell me how to install the driver

if I am out of topic excuse me and suggest some tips

thanks in advance
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You follow the installation instructions that came with the driver.

To configure a DSN, you need to do two things; the first is to put an appropriate entry into the .odbc.ini file in the DataStage Engine directory (which is where all DSNs visible to DataStage are recorded). The other is to record that DSN in the uvodbc.config file in your project; this file records those DSNs that are to be visible from the particular project.