Clean up resources

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

veera24
Premium Member
Premium Member

Clean up resources

Post by veera24 »

Hi all,

In my data stage director, active process are not been shown when i go though the "Clean up resources" option. What might be the cause for it?
I've searched the forum but i got an alternate solution to Release the job and the error might be because of set up in data stage. What might the set up error?I couldn get it what they meant to say...Could any one pls. help me out to know more about it...
Should i run any script for that? or what else i need to do to get the active process to be shown at the director?...

Your time ll be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...
veera...
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Please don't post with a color of pink. I could not read your post clearly. :(

Cleanup Resources is only valid if there are active threads on the job. If you try to cleanup a job that has finished, what would be there to cleanup/logout?
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
veera24
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by veera24 »

kcbland wrote:
Cleanup Resources is only valid if there are active threads on the job. If you try to cleanup a job that has finished, what would be there to cleanup/logout?

No... what i meant to say was even though am running the jobs, Clean up resources didn't show the jobs which are currently running.. So what might be the cause for it? Whether it may be due to set up problem or could i retain the same by running any scripts? If so let me know...

Your time will be highly appreciated...

Thanks in advance...
veera...
veera24
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by veera24 »

veera24 wrote:
kcbland wrote:

No... what i meant to say was even though am running the jobs, Clean up resources didn't show the jobs which are currently running.. So what might be the cause for it? Whether it may be due to set up problem or could i retain the same by running any scripts? If so let me know...

Your time will be highly appreciated...

Thanks in advance...
veera...
hi all,

could any one help me out to know more about it

thanks in advance...
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

We've seen another post or two from people with the same problem, but no resolution that I recall. And I'm not aware of any legitimate situation where the 'Cleanup Resources' option in the Director won't show you anything when you tell it to show you all things.

If that's truly your situation, open a case with your support provider and then post the results back here.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers