Datastage Server Vs Enterprise

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

amren75
Participant

Datastage Server Vs Enterprise

Post by amren75 »

Hi,
Being new to the forum and the tool I would need help with the following:
1. What is the difference between Datastage Server and Enterprise and which should be used and when?
2. What versions and editions of Oracle will the datastage version 7.x compatible with?
Any online resources would also be appreciated.
Regards,
Amrendra
Amren
Nagasudheerkumar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Datastage Server Vs Enterprise

Post by Nagasudheerkumar »

First you have to study Server jobs developer guide and parallel jobs developer guides these guides will give an overview of what server jobs and parallel jobs.
amren75 wrote:Hi,
1. What is the difference between Datastage Server and Enterprise and which should be used and when?
2. What versions and editions of Oracle will the datastage version 7.x compatible with?
Regards,
Amrendra
amren75
Participant

Post by amren75 »

Nagasudheerkumar wrote:First you have to study Server jobs developer guide and parallel jobs developer guides these guides will give an overview of what server jobs and parallel jobs.
Regards,
Amrendra
Appreciate the response; however i just need a high level overview on why i should go for Datastage Server and not Enterprise and vice versa.
Also inputs to the Oracle compatibility to Datastage 7.x would be helpful.
Amren
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

hi amrendra,

Welcome to the forum. Please use the search and you will find all your answers.
vivekgadwal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vivekgadwal »

Regards,
Amrendra
Hi Amren,

Welcome to the forum. I am assuming that you do not have the Datastage tool installed on your system. If you do have it, then as pointed out please go ahead and skim through the Developer's guide and it will give you a good understanding. If not, please search the differences in ittoolbox.com and Vincent McBurney has written some cool posts about the differences and comparisons between Informatica Powerbuilder and Datastage server and PX. You can get good info as well by searching this forum too!

Hope this helps...
Vivek Gadwal

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted