Error 'type mismatch' everytime I paste objects

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

manuel.gomez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Error 'type mismatch' everytime I paste objects

Post by manuel.gomez »

Hello everyone

I am experiencing a very desperating problem with server (it may happen also with parallel) jobs in version 8 (fix pack 1a) when pasting objects.

Every time I paste a hashed file (specially with these), a ODBC object, a job activity in a Job Sequence.....and try to save the job, I normally get the same error message: "Type mismatch"

I then insert a new hash file stage, give all properties same value than the one I was trying to paste, and everything goes fine.

Did anyone suffered the same? Any idea what can be going on?

Thanks very much
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This could be a bug somewhere in the visual components of Designer. Report it through your support provider, and ask (and let us know) whether it's a known bug and, if so, whether there is a fix for it.

Does it happen from all client machines at your site, or just one? If just one, you might like to try re-installing the DataStage client.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
cipsy
Participant

Post by cipsy »

That's my problem. I'm use DataStage on Unix system. Client WindowsXP.

Another client run normaly but some client see this problem. I think Client side problem

Anyone slove please write here.
manuel.gomez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by manuel.gomez »

I sent this to IBM support, and they sent me a patch to solve this.

I will install this and let you know if it fixes it