Reason for the Sybase server warning.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Rajee
Participant

Reason for the Sybase server warning.

Post by Rajee »

Hi,

Iam using a sybase OC stage to extract data from the sybase database(version 12.5) and the below given query is used for data extraction.

select (select count(memo_holder_qty) FROM hldr_memo m where m.currency_cd=n.currency_cd and m.issue_when_ind=n.issue_when_ind and m.seq_nbr=n.seq_nbr and m.type_account_cd=n.type_account_cd and m.account_cd=n.account_cd and m.branch_cd=n.branch_cd and m.client_nbr=n.client_nbr and m.security_adp_nbr=n.security_adp_nbr) as 'memoqtycount',memo_holder_cd,currency_cd FROM hldr_memo n ;[/color]

whenever I run the job I get the below warning.

FILE_GENERATION..SYBASE_DATASOURCE: Sybase Server warning 2762 (severity 16) from stored procedure 'sp_tables', line 209: The 'CREATE TABLE' command is not allowed within a multi-statement transaction in the 'tempdb' database.
FILE_GENERATION..SYBASE_DATASOURCE: Sybase Server warning 208 (severity 16) from stored procedure 'sp_tables', line 223: #intermediate_roleset not found. Specify owner.objectname or use sp_help to check whether the object exists (sp_help may produce lots of output).

Can anyone help me out in knowing the reason for such warning messages.

Thx,
Rajee
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I'm sure this has been answered in the past. Search.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Rajee
Participant

Post by Rajee »

ray.wurlod wrote:I'm sure this has been answered in the past. Search.
I posted the query in this forum because iam working on IBM datastage enterprise edition.My understanding is the forums are categorised based on the Edition.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Good point, and I can see how you could believe that. However, from day one we've categorized based on job type. There is a good case to change the forum names.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.