migrate DS 7.5.1A to DS 7.5.3

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

santosh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: migrate DS 7.5.1A to DS 7.5.3

Post by santosh »

Below link might help you with some of answers.

http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/bi/websphere ... tage-22837
regards,
Santosh
WoMaWil
Participant

Post by WoMaWil »

I should have done it last week, but I didn't find the time.

I would use root and do a simple update (don't forget to save all ellements of all projects by export before starting it)

7.5.1a and 7.5.3 are relativly related so I don't see any sence in having therefore 2 installations on same server. For V8 and V7.5 it could make sense.

Some tests might be done and save also all ini-files of the projects and of DataStage they might get set back and without a backup it will take time.
Wolfgang Hürter
Amsterdam
sunayan_pal
Participant

Post by sunayan_pal »

i am also about to carry a similar up gradation from 7.5.1A to 7.5.3.
i have a few concern to share with you all.

Can anyone suggest the following:

1. if the installation failed in teh midway then how to revert back to the initial stage.
we use to take the backup of the project and the installed directory of the Data stage Engine at unix level.
if i restore the file system with the back up will i be able to access the project ?

2. where can i find the software/patches? do i need to approach IBM. i had teh license for the 7.5.1A. i guess it will eb a free upgrate.

3. Can anyone take the pain to write the steps of how to migrate ?
regards
sunayan
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

1. Restore your UNIX level backup. Not just any individual project directories but the 'entire' DataStage installation.

2. From your support provider or direct from IBM. Yes, it will be free as long as you are under a maintenance agreement.

3. Suprisingly, it's already been done by the vendor. You'll find an Installation and Upgrade Guide pdf in the Docs folder on your PC.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers