Routine in sequence giving "Unhandled failure"

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ldesilvio
Premium Member
Premium Member

Routine in sequence giving "Unhandled failure"

Post by ldesilvio »

Ok, brain-lock alert! We upgraded from 6.0 to 7.5.2 on Windows. There are routines in sequence that are not working after the upgrade. For example, I have a routine that reads a parameter from a text file, in this case, an email address.

Here is the log message it produces:

-----------------------------------------------------
TstSeq.JobControl(@GetDatedParameter_TOADDR): Routine DSU.GetDatedParameter did not finish OK, return code = 'desilvio@eticomm.net'
-----------------------------------------------------

The routine is returning 'desilvio@eticomm.net', which DS apparently is taking as a non-zero value, meaning it's failing. I'm sure this is something simple but I cant figure it. Any hlep is appreciated
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

When a routine returns a 'non-zero' value and you have the 'automatically handle activities that fail' option enabled, they are considered to have failed. It considers it 'unhandled' because you haven't provided trigger conditions to handle the 'failure' so it handles it for you. :wink:

We've discussed this many (many) times, a search for "did not finish OK" should turn them up.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ldesilvio
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ldesilvio »

Thanks Craig. (That's why I added a "brain-lock" disclaimer). :)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Perhaps you could remember to mark the thread as Resolved?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.