precompilation

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

veera24
Premium Member
Premium Member

precompilation

Post by veera24 »

Could any one tell me what is happening during precompilation?
Just wanned to know tats y am asking...

Thanks in advance........
veera
ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ag_ram »

Though no proper extraction of what is it, from the DSXchange experts, I could just offer to elaborate a bit.

For Server Jobs, we could describe.
ag_ram in [url=http://www.dsxchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=118784]post[/url] wrote:Precompilation:

When the Server Job needs to be compiled and we straightaway click on Compile button in the DataStage Designer, the compilation begins from invoking the respective DLL files in Client side which take higher responsibility of performing the Precompilation process. The Precompilation process with less meaning for Server Job, checks unattached link connections and link name mismatch with the Container Stage in the Server Job and a few more.
After carrying on the Precompilation process, the client DLL modules send the whole control to the Server in order to take over the rest of the Compilation process.
ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ag_ram »

Though no proper extraction of what is it, from the DSXchange experts, I could just offer to elaborate a bit.

For Server Jobs, we could describe.
ag_ram in [url=http://www.dsxchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=118784]post[/url] wrote:Precompilation:

When the Server Job needs to be compiled and we straightaway click on Compile button in the DataStage Designer, the compilation begins from invoking the respective DLL files in Client side which take higher responsibility of performing the Precompilation process. The Precompilation process with less meaning for Server Job, checks unattached link connections and link name mismatch with the Container Stage in the Server Job and a few more.
After carrying on the Precompilation process, the client DLL modules send the whole control to the Server in order to take over the rest of the Compilation process.