Abnormal termination XML stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

JeroenDmt
Premium Member
Premium Member

Abnormal termination XML stage

Post by JeroenDmt »

When reading an xml-file using the XML Input stage, we are getting an error "Abnormal termination of stage <stagename> detected"

This error occurs when the xml files are larger than about 6 MB. When we split the xml file into several smaller files, the job runs normally.

Is there a limit to the size of an xml file? Is there a way to read larger files?
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

There is definitely a limit, but in extensive testing I've done, it's nearly 100 times bigger than 6M.....of course, it is probably impacted by other variables. Is there anything particularly interesting about your xml document? 1000's of elements? really large strings in those elements? anything else out of the ordinary?

Also, are you reading the document via the XMLInput Stage by sending it the url for your xml document? ...or reading the document first with the folder stage "as content" and sending it down the link. 6M on Server should be fine either way, but it would be interesting to see what happens when you try the other --- the Folder can send just the fully qualified filename or the filename and content down the link. Try the other option from what you are doing and be sure to change the radio button in the XMLInput Stage for content or url.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
JeroenDmt
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JeroenDmt »

I get the abnormal termination with both the url method or the content method.

The filecontents are like this:

Code: Select all

<reports>
<rapportage>..fields with content..</rapportage>
</reports>
I don't know how I should count the number of elements.
One line is about 1000 bytes wide with 20 or so elements/ fields.
The total file is about 150.000 of those records large.
So the total file is like 3,000,000 elements.