Teradata - Submitting SQL via DRS or Enterprise stages

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dav_mcnair
Premium Member
Premium Member

Teradata - Submitting SQL via DRS or Enterprise stages

Post by dav_mcnair »

I am trying to submit a block of sql to Teradata and not sure how to correctly submit the SQL. I tried using the Teradata Enterprise stage using MLOAD but does not like it since the submitted SQL includes joins.

I also am going to try to us the DRS stage but do not have the Teradata ODBC installed on our server. Can the DRS support the Teradata API or does it have to be ODBC?
toshea
Participant

Post by toshea »

Use the Teradata API plug-in. It might not show on the default parallel palette, but you can drag it from Stage Types in the repository view.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Server job (as posted) or parallel job (as marked)?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
toshea
Participant

Post by toshea »

The original post was for Parallel. Teradata API shows up in the default Teradata stages palette for the server canvas but not for the parallel canvas. Although it doesn't show in the default palette for the parallel canvas, you can still use the Teradata API plug-in on the parallel canvas by dragging it from the repository view, Stage Types->Parallel->Database->Teradata.

You can also customize your parallel palette so that the Teradata API plug-in shows up.
DS_FocusGroup
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DS_FocusGroup »

You can use the teradata enterprise edition stage to define custom SQL and fire it to TD.
DS_FocusGroup
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DS_FocusGroup »

p.s are you trying to select data from TD or insert using the custom SQL ?
toshea
Participant

Post by toshea »

I don't recommend using Teradata Enterprise for what you want to do. You would need to put the custom SQL in the -open or -close properties, but Teradata Enterprise uses a utility slot even if you are loading 0 rows to a dummy table. Use the Teradata API stage.