DataStage non-severe system error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tulasi
Participant

DataStage non-severe system error

Post by tulasi »

hi all,
I am facing the following error while running the job.

SQL0901N The SQL statement failed because of a non-severe system error. Subsequent SQL statements can be processed. (Reason "".) SQLSTATE=58004

colud you please help me on this issue.

Thanks in Advance.
Tulasi
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

The first thing you need to do is search - maybe here, maybe Google. Look for the SQL State value 58004.

Secondly you need to specify to what kind of database you are connecting and through what stage type. Otherwise how would we know?

I'm going to guess that you are using DB2 or Informix, just from the tenor of the message code. But I have no idea (or information) about how you are trying to connect to it.

Something - probably something transient - happened either in the database server or in the network to give rise to this message. If "they" were monitoring the system then information about it may be in the system logs. Otherwise, it's just one of those blips that occasionally blight our lives. Forget it and move forward unless it happens regularly and/or reproducibly.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
John Smith
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by John Smith »

Your error sounds like a DB2 error (I'm guessing here). If it is it's an internal error ,one of those nasty ones which is hard to debug. You might need to raise this to your DBAs. It's not a DS issue but DS is aborting due to the return code from your RDBMS. One other thing to note too is that if you are indeed using DB2, DB2 is notorious for sending error messages even if it is just a warning.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The same is true of Informix, only more so - it even sends informational messages attached to the connection handle.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.