Problem with locks

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pawel_janowski
Participant

Problem with locks

Post by pawel_janowski »

Hi!
I can't open some jobs in the Designer because the system claims that they are being accessed by another user. In the Director I can see that there are Record locks on those jobs (using Resorce Cleanup), but the processes which are reported to hold those locks do not exist in the system. Trying to logout those processes or releasing all locks - from inside the Director/Resource Cleanup - has no effect. Is there another way to release job locks?

Regards.

Pawel Janowski
Pawel Janowski
naveen19
Participant

Re: Problem with locks

Post by naveen19 »

pawel_janowski wrote:Hi!
I can't open some jobs in the Designer because the system claims that they are being accessed by another user. In the Director I can see that there are Record locks on those jobs (using Resorce Cleanup), but the processes which are reported to hold those locks do not exist in the system. Trying to logout those processes or releasing all locks - from inside the Director/Resource Cleanup - has no effect. Is there another way to release job locks?

Regards.

Pawel Janowski

Hi Pawel,

Get the process id from datastage director and kill session using in comand prompt

Regards
Naveen.K
pawel_janowski
Participant

Re: Problem with locks

Post by pawel_janowski »

naveen19 wrote:
Hi Pawel,

Get the process id from datastage director and kill session using in comand prompt

Regards
Naveen.K
Hi,
It is impossible, cause (as I wrote before) those processes do not exist in the system (the processes with pids shown by the Director) - that's why I was very surprised that it is possible that non-existing processes can hold locks.

Regards.

Pawel Janowski
Pawel Janowski
sunayan_pal
Participant

Post by sunayan_pal »

you can achieve this by the command prompt in the administrator.
there find out all the locked presently held by various project in that server .
it will list all the various locks held on object level.
get the user id and release all the locks from that userid
regards
sunayan
pawel_janowski
Participant

Post by pawel_janowski »

sunayan_pal wrote:you can achieve this by the command prompt in the administrator.
there find out all the locked presently held by various project in that server .
it will list all the various locks held on object level.
get the user id and release all the locks from that userid
Thanks, works fine.

Regards.

Pawel
Pawel Janowski