Job sequence is keep running (Might be hanging)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

swades
Premium Member
Premium Member

Job sequence is keep running (Might be hanging)

Post by swades »

I am running job sequence.
It has two activity 1. user variable activity and 2. job activity.
In user variable activity I am defining job parameter and value of that parameter is return value of a routine. this Parameter I am passing in following job activity.
Problem is: It is starting but keeps running but it seems it is hanging.

Log entry :
S_Name.JobControl (@Coordinator): Starting new run of checkpointed Sequence job
Can you please suggest what can be wrong ?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:? Not without a better explanation of your job. I can't follow what you are doing in the UserVariable Activity stage... running a routine? And the return value is passed as a Job Parameter to the Job Activity stage?

If so, can you post either the routine code or explain what the routine does?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
swades
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by swades »

chulett wrote: Not without a better explanation of your job. I can't follow what you are doing in the UserVariable Activity stage... running a routine? And the return value is passed as a Job Parameter to the Job Activity stage?
Yes

Sorry for creating confusion :cry:

Routine is simple. It takes jobname as argument and returns userstatus of that job. I have tested code in Manager it is working fine.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The same job you are trying to run?

Put some DSLogInfo() calls into the routine to show when you are entering and exiting the routine, so that you can eliminate the routine (or not) as the culprit.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
swades
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by swades »

ray.wurlod wrote:The same job you are trying to run?
No.

Thanks Ray, I included DSLogInfo() into routine code then I realize that routine code was getting kicked but it was stucking there it self.
Now I included Bad Handle check and DSDetachJob (I found from one of your post ;) )so it is working fine :D .

Once again Chulett and Ray thanks for your time as always