problem in scheduling jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

r
Participant

problem in scheduling jobs

Post by r »

Hi,

I am trying to schedule jobs through the director. When I schedule a job that needs to be run daily or weekly then i can see it in the director. When i am trying to schedule the job for 1 single day then it does not get scheduled in the director but the job runs at the scheduled time.

After scheduling if i check using crontab -l or at -l or atq then also it does not appear in the list of scheduled jobs. but runs at the scheduled time.

Please advise.

Thanks
r
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Single runs use 'at' while multiple occurances use 'cron'. Are you checking from the command line using the same user that scheduled the jobs?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
r
Participant

Post by r »

yes. i'm checking using the same user to check from command line.

Thanks
r
r
Participant

Post by r »

i am sorry i checked again. i was using a different user id to check form command line. Actually i just joined this project today so got alittle confused with the userids n pwds.

I can now see the scheduled job when i check thru at -l.

can u also plz help me out on why am not able to see the scheduled job in Director n is there some why that can be done.

Thanks for all d help :)
r
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

First off, please communicate in formal English here, not everyone has it as their native language and it helps tremendously if people don't abbreviate the crap out of their messages.

Now... Director works the same way as the command line does by default. It will only show you schedules for jobs that were scheduled by the logged in user. Are you logged in as the same user in Director?
-craig

r
Participant

Post by r »

Hi,

I am sorry for that. Will use formal English on the forum now.

yes am logged in as the same user in Director. I was facing the same problem in a previous project too where I used the at command to check the scheduled jobs.

Thanks
r
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:? You really shouldn't see a problem like that. Both 'at' and 'cron' per user should show in the Schedule tab. You may need to open a support case with your official provider if no-one else has anything to add.

What flavor of UNIX by the way?
-craig