Datastage DSR_PROJECT error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dilip.datastage
Participant

Datastage DSR_PROJECT error

Post by dilip.datastage »

Hi,

I have an issue which came up suddenly in between my work.
I was working on one project dwhproject3, designing jobs(Not triggered any job in backend). suddenly i started getting error

Error calling subroutine: DSR_PROJECT (Action=1); check DataStage is set up correctly in project dwhdrop3stgdev
(Unable to load subroutine on host (30105))

Not able to find the reason why it happend suddenly.

So closed the desinger and tried logging in again.

I have taken the restart of the server system too. but the message is still coming and not able to work.

The error is coming only in one project. other projects are working fine...

can anyone tell me the reson , why it happend and the resolution for this at the earliest.

Regards
Dilip
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

For this one you need someone with access to the source code of DSR_PROJECT (a helper subroutine) to find out what Action 1 is. That means your official support provider will need to be involved, since IBM does not release source code they will need also to be involved - through your correct channels, of course.

Has anyone moved the project to a different location using operating system utilities? That might cause it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Do you have other projects on this installation and can you login to them?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

dilip.datastage wrote:The error is coming only in one project. other projects are working fine...
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

:oops:
deanwalker
Participant

Post by deanwalker »

It will be interesting to know why the error message refers to a different project name to the one you are attaching to.
A support call is needed, but you could take a peek at the UV.ACCOUNT record for this project to see if it looks similar to your other projects.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Also try to run DS.REINDEX ALL for that project. Make sure, you can have possible backup for the project.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

... or it could be UV_SCHEMA or it might be VOC or it might be a host of other things. So many maybes. You need to know what the helper subroutine is trying to do.