compilation problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dnat
Participant

compilation problem

Post by dnat »

Hi ,

While compiling i am getting the error. When i click More, then this is the message it shows. i couldnt see any error message here..but am not able to compile. Can anyone help.

Compiling: Source = 'RT_BP602/JOB.1724735424.DT.1469011334.TRANS1', Object = 'RT_BP602.O/JOB.1724735424.DT.1469011334.TRANS1'
***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Compilation Complete.
(CopyOfCvBT0001bJob1AcctHistStageLoad_ST.Xf2)
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Try making a copy of the job and removing the firt half of the derivations in that transform. Does it compile? If no - perhaps you have a full error message; if not repeat the copy but delete the second hafl of the derivations and repeat.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You won't see any error messages there - that is simply a message telling you that compilation of the Transformation stage is complete. When you click Show Error, which stage is selected?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I thought it might be that the display buffer might have run out of space on the "***" from the compile but perhaps the error isn't in the tranform stage after all...
dnat
Participant

Post by dnat »

I closed the designer client and re-opened it..now i dont have any issues in compiling..it looks wierd.