DS - system files/tables

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Ritesh Vikram
Participant

DS - system files/tables

Post by Ritesh Vikram »

Hello All,
I want to know the list of system files/ tables (with their structures) that stores job information ( such as SQLs used in jobs, etc.)

I work on DS server edition.

Ritesh
chucksmith
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by chucksmith »

My tool, List all files and tables used by jobs in a dsx file will provide you with information you can use for impact analysis.

You will find it, and other tools, on the DataStage Tools page of www.anotheritco.com .
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The structure of the repository is deliberately not published by the vendor, who reserves the right to change it at any time, and has done so in the past. Further, the repository makes use of capabilities such as tables having variant and nested structures, so it is a rather esoteric art to figure out what is going on.

Chuck's toolset is about reporting where particular files/table names are used in jobs in the project; that is the precise purpose it serves. It is NOT about revealing the structure of the repository's "system tables" themselves.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.