Director Getting Closed Abruptly when viewing log in detail

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Participant

Director Getting Closed Abruptly when viewing log in detail

Post by 199542 »

Hi ,
I am facing a new problem in DataStage Director . I am connecting to the remote client DataStage Server . When I am viewing any Log indetail then its abruptly closing .I am unable to comprehend the problem . Could anybody tell me the reason and solution for that ??

Thanks
gikjpjj
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No clue, but what's the extent of the problem? Does this only happen in one Project in particular or all Projects? Does this happen to everyone or just you? Any other details you can provide?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Zet
Participant

Re: Director Getting Closed Abruptly when viewing log in det

Post by Zet »

199542 wrote:Hi ,
I am facing a new problem in DataStage Director . I am connecting to the remote client DataStage Server . When I am viewing any Log indetail then its abruptly closing .I am unable to comprehend the problem . Could anybody tell me the reason and solution for that ??
Thanks
I had a similar problem. In a log file was more than 100000 records or more. Delete the bigest file from /opt/DataStage/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/Name_of_project/RT_LOG***. And copy files DATA.30 OVER.30 from other directory (with new, not compile job)
Wolf
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Deleting any DataStage files at the UNIX or OS level is a big no-no. If the log is too big, use the director to clear the log (this might take some time, but is better than potentially breaking the project).
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I didn't offer up any advice of this nature because the OP said the problem occurred with any a.k.a every log, not one specific one.
-craig

catera0907
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Director Getting Closed Abruptly when viewing log in det

Post by catera0907 »

Try to set filter in Director,
to start with you can select limit to last 100 entries.
Zet
Participant

Post by Zet »

ArndW wrote:Deleting any DataStage files at the UNIX or OS level is a big no-no. If the log is too big, use the director to clear the log (this might take some time, but is better than p ...
When the log size is 1,5 GB Director can't use clear log function. It dies immediately
Wolf
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What if you're in Status view and you try Clear Log ?

Can someone please try this in version 7.x? It might be something new in version 8.x.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Try what in 7.x, clearing from the Status view? It works fine, you just need to be patient. I prefer using CLEAR.FILE though and (yes) then re-establishing the auto-purge settings. So perhaps Zet's issue is 8.x related.

Again, people are thrashing without any further input from the OP. Why not wait until they come back and clarify their issue before any more 'solutions' are ponied up? :?
-craig