date problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mohandl
Participant

date problem

Post by mohandl »

Hi all,

My source is text file having one column date value is "1/28/2008 1:46:55 PM",this date i have to populate in a SQL server

While loading i am getting error like "1/28/2008 1:46:55 PM is an Invalid date"

Can any one let me know how can i resolve this problem.

Regards,
Mohan
MOHAN
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Change the format to one acceptable to SQL Server, particularly CCYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS or CCYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS.sss

Split the input into date and time. Use Iconv() and Oconv() functions to reorganize both, then concatenate with a space between.

Code: Select all

Oconv(Iconv(Field(InLink.TheString," ",1,1),"DMDY"),"D-YMD[4,2,2]") : " " : Oconv(Iconv(Field(InLink.TheString," ",2,2),"MTHS"),"MTS:")
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mohandl
Participant

Post by mohandl »

I am able to split date part ,but How to split the time portion
Is there any function to split the time portion.

Regards,
Mohan
MOHAN
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Use a substring expression, in this case the date and time are separated by a " " (space), so the date would be "FIELD(In.Column," ",1)"
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

But, because there is a space ahead of your AM/PM designator, you need a variation, as I posted in my original answer, which is a complete solution.

Do purchase premium membership. Revenue from premium membership is totally devoted to helping to defray the hosting and bandwidth costs incurred by DSXchange. And you'll be able to read premium posters' contributions in their entirety.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
deva
Participant

Post by deva »

ray.wurlod wrote:Change the format to one acceptable to SQL Server, particularly CCYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS or CCYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS.sss

Split the input into date and time. Use Iconv() and Oconv() functions to reorganize b ...
Find the date formate in squl server and use the Iconv() and Oconv() functions .

example is Oconv(Iconv(DSLink44.END_DATE[1,10],"D4/"),"D-DMY[,A,]") , go to help and select as per your formate
gsym
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by gsym »

Hi,

To split the time part alone as per your Date format, try Right function

Right("1/28/2008 1:46:55 PM",10) will result - 1:46:55 PM

Thanks & Regards - gsym
paddu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by paddu »