Lots of warning because of transformation

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Do some investigation. Create a throw-away job to read the source data and report the actual length of this field (using the Len() function). Just out of curiosity, also report the number of bytes (using the ByteLen() function). Send the result into a delimited text file.
Process a few rows, in particular some of the ones that threw the error, and let us know what you see.
Then enhance the throw-away job with part of the expression (say the Trim() function initially) and report that and its length. Then the substring.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
laxman.ds
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by laxman.ds »

I checked the problem feild length it is 16
But Iam not able to use bytelen function it is not available
Iam using Servere jobs.
Please advice
2 B 1 4 ALL
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

ByteLen() is available. It may stay red (because it is not in DSParams file) but it will compile and it will run.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
laxman.ds
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by laxman.ds »

Thanks for your support ..
I rectified the problem ..
The issue was regarding NLS mapping at oracle...That was Arabic data ..was not able to insert ...I corrected the NLS setting ..
Now it is runnign fine
2 B 1 4 ALL
asitagrawal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by asitagrawal »

Time to mark the topic as Resolved please :)
Share to Learn, and Learn to Share.