SDK routines and KeyMgtGetNextValue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

wwalker
Premium Member
Premium Member

SDK routines and KeyMgtGetNextValue

Post by wwalker »

Hlo.

I can see all the routines supplied with DS in the repository, but within a job field transformation, only certain routine categories are visible.

for Example...within the SDK, I would like to use KeyMgtGetNextValue within KeyMgmt. However, only Date is visible :shock: .

...is this some kind of weird rights thing? First time I have seen this...

When I type KeyMgtGetNextValue into the field, it shows in red (error)...however, when compiled, it compiles ok...but the routine still shows error when I return to the transformer...

Have I missed something obvious?
Wade Walker
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Routines are trumped by the presence of a Transform of the same name. So if you can't find the routine you need, check the transform branch.

No time for a proper explanation, but a search for 'routines versus transforms' should turn something up.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are you using version 7.5x2 ? I also get this, particularly connecting to 7.5.1A and 7.5x2 servers. I believe it's a bug in the client. The workaround, which I don't like, is to type in the name of the Transform or Routine. The bug is that it only displays the first branch of the first level of the tree.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
wwalker
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by wwalker »

The version installed at my client is 7.5.1.A

RE: Workaround, yes - I did exactly that - I typed in the name of the routine.

It is working now, but it does appear to be a bug...

Thanks, guys.

w
Wade Walker
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Ray was specifically talking about using a 7.5.1A client to connect to a 7.5x2 Server - the 'special' Windows-enabled PX version. This really shouldn't be a problem in a 'normal' environment. :?

Your confusion about only seeing the Date branch of the sdk is exactly what I mentioned earlier - transforms trump routines. There are matching transforms for every sdk routine except those Date ones for whatever reason. All of your 'missing' routines should be found by checking 'DS Transform...' rather than 'DS Routine...' from the ellipsis. After posting this, I'll see if I can find one of Ray's patented posts on the subject.

Now, as to why it turns red? That's a horse of a different color. This isn't information carried in DSParams so no simple editor fix. Have you opened a case with your official Support provider?
-craig

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Hmmm... could swear one is out there somewhere, but my weak search skillz this morning could only turn up this.

viewtopic.php?t=88145
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No, it's the other way around, a 7.5x2 client talking to a 7.5.1A server. I have not had the opportunity to try with a 7.5.1A client talking to a 7.5.1A server but suspect that the same bug would be seen there also. Currently I am using 7.5.2 and the symptom does not occur.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I've used both 7.5.1A and 7.5.2 without any occurance of this 'bug'... any idea on the specifics of what triggers it?
-craig