SDKSequences access issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

47shailesh
Participant

SDKSequences access issue

Post by 47shailesh »

I have completly migrated projects from Prod to testing environment.

The process we followed was deleting all the project related data and re-creating it and copying project data from prod, and at last we restored SDKSequences from already taken backup.

Now the problem:

When I create a Hash file and try to access SDKSequences by using Directory path option I can view data in the SDKSequences. But when I try to access the same SDKSequences by using Account Name it thoughs an error "Unable to open the file"

Is there some problem in enviroment setup?
Where does the Account Name Points?

Thanks and Regards
Shailesh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You need to create a VOC pointer for SDKSequences hashed file. You may also need to create a file dictionary for SDKSequences. Do this first:

Code: Select all

SETFILE SDKSequences SDKSequences
and let us know the outcome.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
47shailesh
Participant

Post by 47shailesh »

Thanks Ray,

Now I am able to access the SDKSequences.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Another approach - run the sdk routine once such that it creates the SDKSequences hashed file properly in the project, then replace it from backup. Or do the original creation 'using Account Name'.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers