SQL Server Bulk load issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

info_ds
Charter Member
Charter Member

SQL Server Bulk load issue

Post by info_ds »

Hi All,

I tried loading data from a flat file to SQL server using SQLBLK7 Bulk loader stage.I got the following error message.

Internal error: Failed to allocate row buffer memory.
Failed to prepare fast load session.

Is this something to do with DataStage or Sql Server DB?

I searched the forum,could not find about the row buffer memory issue.
Any suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Another possibility is that your row size is larger than that declared - or, perhaps, permissible - in the bulk loader.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
info_ds
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by info_ds »

ray.wurlod wrote:Another possibility is that your row size is larger than that declared - or, perhaps, permissible - in the bulk loader. ...
Ray,Thanks for the input.

The Bulk load works absolutely fine for one table wherein i'm inserting 1.7 millions records.Totally there are around 6 attributes in the table.

But when I tried loading the other table using Bulk load with just 700,000 records,it failed with an error message 'Failed to allocate row buffer memory'.This table has around 20 attributes.

Will the data density be an issue?

Even I tried using ODBC stage,but in vain.It failed with an error message 'Abnormal Termination'.

Any suggestions?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

My previous post talked about row size, not about total volume.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.