log files

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bikan
Premium Member
Premium Member

log files

Post by bikan »

Can sumbody tell me column defination of RT_LOGnnn file. ( I searched on forum but could not get it)

I want to dump log file for each job into delimiter file.

Also by Dsjob command can I copy complete log into file I have tried
c:\Ascential\DataStage\Engine\bin\dsjob -logdetail #$DS_PROJ_NAME# <Job Name> > #$DS_LOG_FILE_DIR#\LFM_Load_Cust_Vech_Dtl_CapRej.txt
but it's not working.
when I try
:\Ascential\DataStage\Engine\bin\dsjob -logaum #$DS_PROJ_NAME# <Job Name> > #$DS_LOG_FILE_DIR#\LFM_Load_Cust_Vech_Dtl_CapRej.txt
there warning msg are getting trucated.
AmeyJoshi14
Participant

Re: log files

Post by AmeyJoshi14 »

bikan wrote:Can sumbody tell me column defination of RT_LOGnnn file. ( I searched on forum but could not get it)

c:\Ascential\DataStage\Engine\bin\dsjob -logdetail #$DS_PROJ_NAME# <Job Name> > #$DS_LOG_FILE_DIR#\LFM_Load_Cust_Vech_Dtl_CapRej.txt
but it's not working.
when I try
:\Ascential\DataStage\Engine\bin\dsjob -logaum #$DS_PROJ_NAME# <Job Name> > #$DS_LOG_FILE_DIR#\LFM_Load_Cust_Vech_Dtl_CapRej.txt
Yes,from DSjob Command you can copy complete log into file.

$path/dsjob -logsum -type INFO -max 30 PRJCT_NAME JOB_NMAE > /path/log.txt

Now if you want only Warning , instead of INFO use warning...

For detail logs use -logdetails.
AmeyJoshi14
Participant

Can use logsum

Post by AmeyJoshi14 »

One more thing ... :roll: if you want the last run job logs first you have to again use "logsum" command:
/bin/dsjob -logsum -type STARTED -max 2 PRJCT_NAME JOB_NAME
This will give you the 'start' and 'end' event ids...substract the two and you will get the number of logs generated from last run.. :P
:arrow: Suppose this value is 45 then in "logsum" command use the max value as 45( instead of 30)..... :)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Columns for DataStage log tables are:

Code: Select all

@ID        INTEGER   displayed 10 characters wide with leading zeroes
TYPE       TINYINT   encoded severity value
WAVE.NO    INTEGER   internal uniqueness number used by DataStage
FULL.TEXT  VARCHAR   text of the log event
SEVERITY   VARCHAR   decoded severity value e.g. "Info", "Warning"
An example query, losing the leading zeroes:

Code: Select all

SELECT @ID FMT '10R', SEVERITY, FULL.TEXT FROM RT_LOG135 WHERE @ID NOT LIKE '//%' ORDER BY 1;
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
shivadas
Participant

Datastage log tables

Post by shivadas »

Hi,
Can you please tell me where the datastage log table will be ...
how do i access the table without using dsjob

thanks
Das
[/quote]
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's in the DataStage Repository database. You can execute queries from the Administrator client Command window, or after establishing a telnet session and opening dssh in the project on the server.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
shivadas
Participant

Datastage log Table

Post by shivadas »

ray.wurlod wrote:It's in the DataStage Repository database. You can execute queries from the Administrator client Command window, or after establishing a telnet session and opening dssh in the project on the server. ...
Hi ray,
Thanks for the info...
in Admin client command window

select * from

what will be the table name?

in my system Datastage is installed on Unix os and we use IDB DB2 database i have few schemas on the database. How do i check the schema of repository database...

Thanks
das
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You use DataStage, not DB2, for the DataStage Repository, since your DataStage version is 7.

The name of the table is RT_LOGnnn, where nnn is the job number. Each job has its own, separate, log table.
shivadas
Participant

Log table

Post by shivadas »

ray.wurlod wrote:You use DataStage, not DB2, for the DataStage Repository, since your DataStage version is 7.

The name of the table is RT_LOGnnn, where nnn is the job number. Each job has its own, separate, log ta ...
Hi Ray,

when i query from the Administrator command window I am able to see the logs, but when i am querying from outside it is asking for the schema ...
can you please let me know the schema name
eg: SELECT * FROM ?.RT_LOG10

If this information is stored in table what sort of the database will it use to store the information.., is it .mdb by any chance

Thanks
Das
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

These are DataStage hashed files; there is no schema and there is no method of accessing them apart from the TCL command (or the command line tool in the administrator)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The schema name is the same as the project name, but is not necessary if you are in the project "account". So, when you choose the project in the Administrator client before opening the Command window, the schema is automatically selected. Therefore, SELECT * FROM RT_LOG10; (with the terminating semi-colon, which is required) will work, provided that there is a job number 10. If that does not work, please post the exact error message. Note also that the name of the table must be in upper case.
veera24
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Log table

Post by veera24 »

shivadas wrote:
ray.wurlod wrote:You use DataStage, not DB2, for the DataStage Repository, since your DataStage version is 7.

The name of the table is RT_LOGnnn, where nnn is the job number. Each job has its own, separate, log ta ...
Hi Ray,

when i query from the Administrator command window I am able to see the logs, but when i am querying from outside it is asking for the schema ...
can you please let me know the schema name
eg: SELECT * FROM ?.RT_LOG10

If this information is stored in table what sort of the database will it use to store the information.., is it .mdb by any chance

Thanks
Das
hi,
can any one explain me how to go to Administrator command window
veera24
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: log files

Post by veera24 »

AmeyJoshi14 wrote:
bikan wrote:Can sumbody tell me column defination of RT_LOGnnn file. ( I searched on forum but could not get it)

but it's not working.
when I try
Yes,from DSjob Command you can copy complete log into file.

$path/dsjob -logsum -type INFO -max 30 PRJCT_NAME JOB_NMAE > /path/log.txt

Now if you want only Warning , instead of INFO use warning...

For detail logs use -logdetails.
hi amey
please excuse me.. since am new to datastage i couldn understand ur point so could you pls. explain in detail so that it will be helpful for me.. hope you will..
Your time ll b highly appreciated...
thanks in adv...
veera...
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Log table

Post by chulett »

veera24 wrote:can any one explain me how to go to Administrator command window
Okay... Administrator / Projects / <select project> / Command.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
tsn
Participant

Post by tsn »

get into datastage administrator and then go to project tab and select the project and click the command. Type the query and then execute.
with regards,
tsn