$APT_CONFIG_FILE value in individual job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dnat
Participant

$APT_CONFIG_FILE value in individual job

Post by dnat »

Hi,

I am having a parallel job where i have hardcoded the value for $APT_CONFIG_FILE to use a single node config file. I am calling this job through a job sequence. The default config file for this project is set to 4 node config file.

When i run the job sequence, will the individual job run with 1-node config file or is there a method to run it in single node. Should i pass the environment variable's value through the sequencer?

Thanks
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The explicit hard-coded value for APT_CONFIG will take precedence and that job will run with that config file.
aakashahuja
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by aakashahuja »

Also, if need be, then you can use your 4 - node config file for your job and yet manage to run individual stages on one or more nodes. This can be done by using node map / resource constraints. Please note that not all stages support it.
L'arrêt essayant d'être parfait… évoluons.
aakashahuja
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by aakashahuja »

Also, if need be, then you can use your 4 - node config file for your job and yet manage to run individual stages on one or more nodes. This can be done by using node map / resource constraints. Please note that not all stages support it.
L'arrêt essayant d'être parfait… évoluons.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Always in parallel jobs add $APT_CONFIG_FILE as a job parameter with $PROJDEF as the default value of the job parameter.

If your configuration file includes node pools and/or disk pools, individual stages can be constrained to execute in these. In an SMP environment there's not a great deal of value in doing so but, in a multiple-machine environment, there definitely is.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dnat
Participant

Post by dnat »

Thanks