DSSendMail syntax question

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

RodBarnes
Charter Member
Charter Member

DSSendMail syntax question

Post by RodBarnes »

I am using DSSendMail as an after-job subroutine. Mostly, it works correctly but when I attempt to have it send an attachment, it reports:
  • Cannot open attachment file 'D:\Ascential\DataStage\Staging\Orbit_rod\seqCompliance\Rejects\UnknownBase.csv'
Which is the correct path and filename. I can confirm the file is there and I can open it.

The statement I am using is found below.

Code: Select all

From: #jpSequence#@datastage.adp.com\nTo: #jpSmtpRecip# #jpSmtpCopy#\nSubject: (#jpOrbitServer#.#jpOrbitUserId#): Unknown system bases\nServer: #jpSmtpHost#\nAttach: #jpFilePath#\#jpProject#\#jpSequence#\Rejects\UnknownBase.csv\nBody: The attached file contains the list of systems that show an unknown OS or Hardware base.
If I remove the "Attach" segment (below), it works fine.

Code: Select all

From: #jpSequence#@datastage.adp.com\nTo: #jpSmtpRecip# #jpSmtpCopy#\nSubject: (#jpOrbitServer#.#jpOrbitUserId#): Unknown system bases\nServer: #jpSmtpHost#\nBody: The attached file contains the list of systems that show an unknown OS or Hardware base.
Can anyone point me to a reason why the file would not be accessible?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What are the values (from the "job starting" log message) for the job parameters jpFilePath, jpProject and jpSequence ?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
RodBarnes
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by RodBarnes »

I just took at closer look at the message and there is a leading space between the (') and the "D:\Ascential..." I guess it needs to not have spaces between the tokens and the values. Removed them and it worked.

Thanks for your reply, Ray.