importing .dsx file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mystuff
Premium Member
Premium Member

importing .dsx file

Post by mystuff »

Is there a way to import .dsx files without using the manager (including the source code).

the dsjob -import brings in only the executable code.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes; upgrade to version 8, where there is no more Manager. You then import using the Designer.

Apart from that I'm not aware of anything. Why do you want to do this?

Actually that's a lie, you can create packages and load those using the package installer on the server. But that's archaic technology.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mystuff
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mystuff »

a) The company is not inclined on having special datastage working group for production or train them on basic activities.
b) Security concerns of developers having direct access to production source code.

If at all any error occur, we have to fix them in developement (if difficult , recreate the error) and then migrate the code through a process, which runs the scripts to import the .dsx file.

How do we create those packages and install them on the server?
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

There's is a command line import program, both client and server side. You can import source code quite easily. There's also command line compile to handle compiling them afterwards.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
mystuff
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mystuff »

There's is a command line import program, both client and server side. You can import source code quite easily. There's also command line compile to handle compiling them afterwards
Could you let me know, which command line imports source code as well and to compile them afterwards (is it dcc)?
WoMaWil
Participant

Post by WoMaWil »

with DataStage there are two Programm for to import on your Client PC:

dscmdimport.exe
dsimport.exe

both don't compile.

If you need such a programm you need to considerate dsmove, which is a third party tool. If you need details therefore send me an e-Mail.

Wolfgang.Huerter@HDI-Gerling.de
Wolfgang Hürter
Amsterdam