odbc configuration not working

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

g_rkrish
Participant

odbc configuration not working

Post by g_rkrish »

Hi,

I have some weired thing that is going on..I created a new odbc for sqlsever in the .odbc.ini and follwoing thing on my project folder but it is not working..the same connection from development is working there is no firewall or any thing but it gives me that login failed..but the same same login works from the database and my another datastage machine...

this is the erroe that i get...

DSR.MetaGeta(GET.DSNINFO)(SQLConnect('SQL-1','dwuser')): BCI Error:
SQLSTATE=0,CODE=4060,[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][DataDirect][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open database requested in login 'Operations
'. Login fails.

but i do login with the same user in my development datastage and from my databse...Pls help me out...
RK
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Since you said "with the same login id and works from another machine", I will suggest the best way to debug this problem is to put the trace on the ODBC. Good luck.
g_rkrish
Participant

Post by g_rkrish »

lstsaur wrote:Since you said "with the same login id and works from another machine", I will suggest the best way to debug this problem is to put the trace on the ODBC. Good luck.
You want me do on my Database side..If it is in Datastage how will you the trace of odbc..Is there any way of checking the odbc in datastage other than..client..
RK
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

RK,
I meant put Trace=1 and TraceFile=/tmp/odbctrace.out in your .odbc.ini under the [ODBC] section. Run your odbc job or odbc import from your non-working client; you then view the odbctrace.out file for details why Login fails.
g_rkrish
Participant

Post by g_rkrish »

lstsaur wrote:RK,
I meant put Trace=1 and TraceFile=/tmp/odbctrace.out in your .odbc.ini under the [ODBC] section. Run your odbc job or odbc import from your non-working client; you then view the odbctrace.out file for details why Login fails.
Anyways i found out the error was when my admin put in the file from windows to unix he did not mad it as acii so it put ^M at the end so it did access that so when i edited it and asked to re do it it works fine...

Thanks for your help though
RK