Parameters at the oproject level:

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rjhcc
Premium Member
Premium Member

Parameters at the oproject level:

Post by rjhcc »

When setting user defined variables in the Admin. and encrypting passwords, the job(even though using $PROJDEF) will not see the encrypted password and so causes a db access error.

The only way to get around this is to remove the encryption ion ADMIN and type the passowrd in directly.

Is this a bug?
rjhcc
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What specific 7.x version of DataStage?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
singhald
Participant

Post by singhald »

use #Passord# in the password box in the required stages..
rjhcc
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rjhcc »

We're at 7.5.1.

What's the #PASSORD#? If I'm passing to an environment variable, I believe I have to have the $ in front. And I have to assume a typo there-should it not be #$PASSWORD#
rjhcc
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The only reason I asked about the version is that early implementations did not handle encrypted passwords properly from what I recall. However, on 7.5.1 you should be 'fine'.

I haven't tried using them myself, so can't reall comment on how it should (or should not) be done.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Robert,
All my applications using $PROJDEF for encrypted passwords. It's working exactly as expected. No problem at all.
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gateleys »

Hi Robert,
You have posted a problem, which you think can't be solved as documented, and then you go on to say there is a work around, without actually researching what could have gone wrong.

I completely disagree with your comment that an passwords stored as encrypted do not work. I use 7.5.1 and all database passwords in my site are stored as encrypted in DSParams. And we have had no issue whatsoever with using $PROJDEF for the password parameters.

Or, did you actually paste the 'encrypted' value of the password in the Admin client User variables grid? :? .... Of course, that wouldn't work.
gateleys