pin 1 not initialized

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sundar
Participant

pin 1 not initialized

Post by sundar »

Dear All,

My job design Look like this

Odbc-----------------Xfm-----------------Oracle
(Sql Server)

when i tried to view data from oracle oci stage i am getting the following error

pin 1 not initialized

DSLink1:DSP.Close Error - 100 in $DSP.Close

Please help me in resolving this.

Thanks & Regards
Sundar
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Help us help you. Is this your first time trying to access Oracle from a job? If not, is there anything different about this one from others that work?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sundar
Participant

Post by sundar »

Dear Chulett,

For Testing , we got the Dsx from the Production and import in to the Testing server, For all the OCI stage in the project, i am getting this error.

Thanks,
Sundar
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Has this 'Testing server' been configured for Oracle? What is different about it from Production other than the server it lives on?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

I know I'm reviving a very old thread, but I just had this same error in a job today under the same circumstances (moving something to production).

I determined that someone had manually changed the DSParams file for the project to add some new production environment variables and had introduced an error into the file, in essence corrupting the project. This affected px jobs differently, they were giving memory faults, where server jobs were having this problem with the "pin 1 not initialized".

I removed the bad lines from the DSParams file and the error messages went away. Marking this one "resolved" for now.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
vivekgadwal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vivekgadwal »

I get these errors when I do a "View Data" for my DB2 stage (API) whose NLS is set to "OFF". We did this because we were having "glibc" errors when the NLS is set to Project default. But, the jobs run fine though.
Vivek Gadwal

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted