unable to view data in sequential and hashed files

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

major
Premium Member
Premium Member

unable to view data in sequential and hashed files

Post by major »

when i was trying to view data in sequential or hashed files , an error of following type is coming
"DSD.SEQOpen Failed to open XXX.txt in directory $YYY STATUS = 2."

can someone please tell me why was it coming , is it due to permission issue or anything else
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

Status 2 is an operating system code meaning "file does not exist". This may mean that the file itself does not exist or that one of the directories in its pathname does not exist, or that somewhere in that path you lack sufficient permission.

The fact that the error message includes $YYY suggests that you have attempted to use $YYY environment variable as a job parameter (entirely validly), but have neglected to enclose that job parameter reference between "#" characters in your pathname property, for example it should be

Code: Select all

#$YYY#/XXX.txt
It's useful to be aware that Windows is happy to accept "/" (as well as "\") as the pathname delimiter character; it makes a later transition to UNIX/Linux much easier.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.