How to Run a Query on Hashed Files using Command Line

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsusr
Premium Member
Premium Member

How to Run a Query on Hashed Files using Command Line

Post by dsusr »

Hi all,

In past I have used SQL queries on the Hashed file using Command Line ( either in Administrator or on Unix ) but at that time the Hashed files were Located in the Default project directory.

Now when the Hash files are getting created in a separate directory other than the Default project directory then I am not able to run any of these queries. Do I need to set some Enironment variable which can point to my Hashed Files directory.

I have even tried to enable the dssh for the directory where my Hashed files are getting created but still I am not able to run any of these queries.

Can someone please help me on this ?

TIA
dsusr
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You would need to create a VOC record for each of these hashed files, that is what is missing when you don't create them in an 'account'. Plenty of discussion here on the subject, but here's some quick syntax:

Code: Select all

SETFILE <full hashed path> <name> OVERWRITTING
The <name> would be what you would reference in your SQL and would typically be the name of the hashed file itself, but can be anything. Oh, and the 'full' path includes the name portion as well.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Avoid using the optional OVERWRITING keyword - it can cause you silently to trash important words in the DataStage vocabulary, a situation that is incrediby difficult to diagnose.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Well, that's a new bit of advice. I understand what you are saying and agree better safe than sorry, just don't recall seeing that trotted out before. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers