Sequence

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

4friends
Participant

Sequence

Post by 4friends »

Hi All,

Iam Daily running one sequence.
Previously it will takes 4.50 hrs, but presently it will takes 6.00 hrs. There is no that much difference in data.
Can u please tell me why it will takes this much of more time. Where can i check the dataflow at the job level or in the Sequence level.

Thanks in Advance.
thanks & regards
kk
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Look at the execution times of the individual activities (jobs, routines, commands) that the sequence runs. Monitor these over time or, if you still have the log entries, find out which of them is taking longer. Use that knowledge to target your investigation more precisely. Right now your question does not include enough information for cogent diagnosis.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
4friends
Participant

Post by 4friends »

ray.wurlod wrote:Look at the execution times of the individual activities (jobs, routines, commands) that the sequence runs. Monitor these over time or, if you still have the log entries, find out which of them is ta ...
Ok fine, i can check all the jobs. Some of the jobs are taken more time.
but we are not make any changes in those jobs.

Thanks in Advance
thanks & regards
kk
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Even so, by identifying which ones are taking longer you can still narrow the scope of your investigation, because it has to be something that they are doing - or, perhaps, something that HAS changed (perhaps not something in DataStage). For example someone may have added more indexes to the database tables you're updating.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.