dssh terminal setting

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

flashgordon
Premium Member
Premium Member

dssh terminal setting

Post by flashgordon »

Hi,

Yesterday I found out about dssh through search on dsxchange. This is very useful to us because we have a "locked" dsadm id (you can only su) and we need to do as much as possible in tty mode. I use dssh through putty connected to a sun box. Certain help commands in dssh seem to expect a different terminal type or something than I'm using because they flash the content and go into inverse video. Is there some terminal type I should be setting before I go into dssh? Is dssh the equivalent of the "Command" line in Administrator on a project?

... Flash
Flash Gordon
Hyperborean Software Solution
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes, it's the command line interface.
Yes, but you can set terminal type after entering dssh. The command is

Code: Select all

SET.TERM.TYPE type
where type is your terminal type, for example vt100.

DataStage uses a terminfo database (not termcap) so it's probably advisable to set terminal type once in the dssh environment, if you intend interactive use.

However, if you're using single commands - without entering the dssh environment interactively, then it's probably useful to have the terminal type set (using the TERM environment variable) first.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.