Recover Jobs from Old Folder

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Nisusmage
Premium Member
Premium Member

Recover Jobs from Old Folder

Post by Nisusmage »

Good morning all,

We had a problem with installing the new FP3 for DB2 (DO NOT INSTALL). The data server could not be recoverd or rolled back. It was a development server, so obviously there wasn't too many backups floating around. (last one was september 2007)

I've re-installed Datastage and DB2FP1 (which works) and now I would like to try recover the old jobs from the folder? Is there anyway I can do this?

We've tried creating a new project and overwriting the files with the old project and rebuilding the repository index but no luck.

PLEASE HELP.. ??
~The simpliest solutions are always the best~
~Trick is to understand the complexity to implement simplicity~
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Resinstalling to the directory should work. What happens - "no luck" isn't a great help in analyzing the problem.
Nisusmage
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nisusmage »

Hell ArndW,

This is the same problem I'm having viewtopic.php?t=107955.

I'm not able to get this up and running.
1) I've tried creating a blank project and over writing the contents. And then use DS.REINDEX ALL.

2) I've tried placing the old project files the same location as before and trying to "ADD" the project and point to the same location and I get a error message saying that the project already exists there.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong ..

Can you help me?
~The simpliest solutions are always the best~
~Trick is to understand the complexity to implement simplicity~