Datastage Installation of v7.51.A on Window

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vinbhate
Participant

Datastage Installation of v7.51.A on Window

Post by vinbhate »

Hello all,
When am installing DataStage server and Client version 7.5.1.A on window platform ...Datastage server installation is safely completed..but when i try to install Datastage Client..that time it tell that in our machine VB .net version is upgraded version install on your own risk....and problem is if i skip that option Client gets install but XML stage doesnt work properly.
in my system VB .net installed version is 2.0
Now my question is how will i come to know which VB.net version is required for DataStage?

Is anybody has face this kind of problem...Can anybody share there experience

Thanks in advance
Regards and Thanks,
Vinita Bhate
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DataStage 7.5 does not require VB. However it does require .NET Framework version 1.1.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

And they are different, so having 2.0 installed doesn't mean you also have 1.1 installed. Don't skip that step.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
vinbhate
Participant

Post by vinbhate »

Hi Ray,
How we come to know .NET version?because when i removed the .NET 2.0 version that time i came to know the version of .NET while installing.
Regards and Thanks,
Vinita Bhate
vinbhate
Participant

Post by vinbhate »

Hi Ray,
How we come to know .NET version?because when i removed the .NET 2.0 version that time i came to know the version of .NET while installing.
Regards and Thanks,
Vinita Bhate
vinbhate
Participant

Post by vinbhate »

chulett wrote :And they are different, so having 2.0 installed doesn't mean you also have 1.1 installed. Don't skip that step

Hi Chulett,
If i dont skip this step then some stage like XML input stage,XML output Stage is not working fine ... i mean some tab is missing which i can't see when i install with .NET 1.1...So currently i removed .NET 2.0 and let the Datastage setup automatically install .NET 1.1 and now it is working fine.
Regards and Thanks,
Vinita Bhate
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Hmm... ok. Time to mark the thread as Resolved then, it seems.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers