DataStage server user limit has been reached, try again late

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

wbjk
Participant

DataStage server user limit has been reached, try again late

Post by wbjk »

when I input "dssh", it said "DataStage server user limit has been reached, try again later."

Today, one job is out of control . Then I use dssh&DS.TOOLS to "clear status of file of a job" .But the process of dssh suspend! I use dssh&DS.TOOLS many time to fix the problem .Unfortunately,all the process of dssh suspend.

Now , when I input "dssh" , it said "DataStage server user limit has been reached, try again later."

I use "ps -ef |grep dssh " to view the status of procss.I found that the father processid of "dssh" is 1 .

I use "kill - 9 xxx" to kick out all the "dssh" to avoid the limit .
It still said "DataStage server user limit has been reached, try again later" even I kill all the suspended process of "dssh"!

How can I use "dssh" again without restart the ds service or server ???

HELP!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

NEVER kill DataStage processes - it's almost certainly because of this practice that the licences are not being freed.

You have a tool in the DataStage bin directory for cleaning up licences. It's called dslictool and has two modes.
  • dslictool report_lic lists the current licensing state

dslictool clean_lic -a cleans up the current licensing state (the -a option recomputes licence counts)
You must have superuser privilege to use the clean_lic option.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
yuehuiliu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by yuehuiliu »

1. I use a normal user "aa" to use dssh

2. I use root to ues "dslictool" then it reports "1 license seats are in use."

3.I use root to use "dslictool clean_lic -a". And nothing hapens.

4.I use root to ues "dslictool" then it still reports "1 license seats are in use".

5.The teminal hold by "aa" still in use.It's not been kick out.

????What happens? It seems doesn't work to me.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You use dslictool AFTER logging out the process.
You log out the process using the Cleanup Resources utility in Director or one of the Logout options from the DS.TOOLS menu - you NEVER kill a DataStage process with kill -9.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
yuehuiliu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by yuehuiliu »

ray.wurlod wrote:You use dslictool AFTER logging out the process.
You log out the process using the Cleanup Resources utility in Director or one of the Logout options from the DS.TOOLS menu - you NEVER kill a DataStage process with kill -9.
"dslictool" is a command used to report and clean out the process of "dssh".

If I use dslictool AFTER logging out the process,it means the tool "dslictool" doesn't work with the "clean_lic -a " option. It means the tool doesn't realize the function -- "clean_lic" .

In our enviroments, I can see many unvaliabe processes by DS.TOOL(LIST ALL PROCESS).I use ps -ef to grep those processes.But they cannot be found. DataStage lost the contact with those processes. So the DS.TOOL(LOG OUT A PROCESS) cannot take effects to clean those process. Is there a good way to clean those defuncted processes ?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Having the DataStage deadock daemon (dsdlockd) running is my preferred way.
You can also run it in probe mode (dsdlockd -p).
There is a file called dsdlockd.config in the DataStage Engine directory where you can configure the deadlock daemon to auto-start. There is a menu called DEADLOCK.MENU within DataStage in this account from which you can configure, stop and start the deadlock daemon.