Condition to be added in a delivered job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:? Two problems here.

1) You've posted the exact same thing twice, once marked as Server and once marked as Parallel. Which is it?

2) You've not stated what you've tried, what problems you have encountered nor asked no question. As Ray would note, with no question the only response would be - 'Fine, go right ahead!'. Or are you expecting someone else to just do your work for you and hand you complete code on a silver platter?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Since PeopleSoft don't deliver parallel jobs (as far as I know), the response belongs in this forum.

Fine, go right ahead.

I'd be happy to do Craig's step (2) but you would need to pay both my consulting fee and also the cost of the silver platter.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
srinivenigalla
Participant

Post by srinivenigalla »

I solved the problem by writing a routine BUT i want to now are there any other options in which it can be solved. Sorry to give the impression that I need in silver pallette. I also do the consulting and i know value of the time.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It may be possible in a long, nested If..Then..Else expression - I have not spent any time analyzing your specification. But a routine (possibly with a CASE construct) would, in my opinion, be easier to read and to maintain.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.