Overriding warning limit options at Job level from Sequencer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

saikrishna
Participant

Overriding warning limit options at Job level from Sequencer

Post by saikrishna »

Hi

Assume that, a job sequence, which calls three individual jobs.

I can run each individual job with separate warning limits.

But I want to run the entire sequencer and override the warning limits option at each job level. Can I do that in DS jobs... If so, Please tell me.. Thanks

Thanks
Sai
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Overriding warning limit options at Job level from Seque

Post by gateleys »

saikrishna wrote:Hi

Assume that, a job sequence, which calls three individual jobs.

I can run each individual job with separate warning limits.

But I want to run the entire sequencer and override the warning limits option at each job level. Can I do that in DS jobs... If so, Please tell me.. Thanks

Thanks
Sai
You can run individual jobs with warning limits. But, you do NOT set warning limits at design time. So, all you need to do is specify the warning limit for the sequence job when you want it to run .... and need not worry about any such warning limits on child jobs (since they are not set, anyways).
gateleys
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

In other words, all child jobs inherit the parent job's warning limit when run via the Job Activity stage in a Sequence. Is that what you want to happen?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
rohitchattar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rohitchattar »

Hi

I understand that the parent job's warning limit will inherit to all of its child jobs.

What I want exactly is as follows.

Assume that three jobs are there in a sequence,

I would want to set 50 warning limit at sequence level and apply this limit to two of its child jobs and different limit to one special child job (I want "no warning limit" to this job).

Can I do this?

Thanks
Sai
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not in a job sequence. But you can do it in Job Control routine. You might even use a job sequence to prototype the routine, then copy/paste into the Job Control tab of a server job and add calls to DSSetJobLimit() function.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
saikrishna
Participant

Post by saikrishna »

Setwarninglimit(), Can this function be added to Server job instead of sequencer to get override of the warning limits in sequencer?

If so, how can I do this? in other words, Can I copy only this function call in job control routine of the job for overriding the warning limit of the sequencer ?

Thanks
Sai
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I know of no function called SetWarningLimit().
Like job parameter values, job limits can only be set before the request to run the job is submitted.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That should be DSSetJobLimit and you'd have to write your own code to 'launch' the job to use it. That or use 'dsjob' with the '-warn 0' option from the command line in an Execute Command stage.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers